Monday, April 16, 2018

Mark Zuckerberg Congressional Hearings

This week I'm going to talk about the Mark Zuckerberg Congressional Hearings. Recently, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg delivered a testimony before the United States Congress. They discussed how the data mining and analysis firm Cambridge Analytica used personal data that Facebook collected. The memes spawned from Zuckerberg's robotic mannerisms during the hearings. Here is the first example that was posted to twitter.

https://twitter.com/MikeTokes/status/983857513454956551?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme.com%2Fmemes%2Fevents%2Fmark-zuckerberg-congressional-hearings

Here are more examples:






I think these memes are hilarious. I've heard of Mark Zuckerberg being compared to a robot before, but I've never seen an actual meme of it. While these memes are funny, there's an ominous underlying theme to them. The issue of privacy is increasingly a big concern, and Facebook is at the forefront of this concern. I'm not paranoid or anything, but I believe hearings like these are necessary. I'm a private person that uses Facebook, and I don't want all aspects of my personal life to be available to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment